We have been given the go-ahead by the Camping and Caravanning Club to resume camping as of August 1st.
This is of course, still being guided by the rules laid down by the Welsh Government, so the situation can change if for example, the incidence of Covid-19 increases causing another lockdown or restricted travel.
What this means is that we intend to start the season with the remainder of the July/August THS at Pembrey Country Park.
- 1st to the 9th of August – Pembrey Country Park
- 6th August to 10th August – Brecon Sports Association Playing Fields
- 7th August to 2nd September – Fontygary Leisure Park
- 27th August to 1st September – Happy Valley, Porthcawl
And then to run the remaining meets for 2020 as per the 2020 Sites List.
All units will need to be self-contained, i.e. you must have your own toilet and washing facilities and your facilities must not be shared with other units.
We will have to abide by lots of new social distancing restrictions whilst we are camping, many of which have yet to be decided. The site stewards will be fully aware of these and will need to enforce them, so please, if you are being asked to do something that you don’t like, bear in mind that the stewards are only enforcing the rules which have been put in place to benefit the health and wellbeing of our members. If you are found to be breaking these rules, you will be asked to leave the site.
Local restrictions, as laid out by the Welsh Government and also the landowner, will be in place and you will be expected to adhere to them. Also, be aware that local events may have been cancelled, for example the Brecon Jazz Festival.
If you are feeling unwell or are running a temperature, please do not attend the meet, we have elderly or vulnerable members who may wish to come and join us. The last thing we want is to put their, or anybody else’s health in jeopardy.
We are also purchasing a credit/debit card reader to take payments for site fees. In line with Government advice, this will be the only form of payment accepted.
We will receive further guidance following the C&CC meeting Wednesday 8th July. This site will be updated as and when we have any new information.