Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff on Toast
- 250g pack chestnut mushrooms
- 25g garlic butter plus a little extra for spreading (Lurpak is excellent)
- 2 thick slices of granary bread
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 tbsp soured cream
- a few fresh chives or spring onion tops
- Put a wok or frying pan over the heat while you thickly slice the mushrooms. Tip the butter into the pan and when sizzling add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are tender and juicy.
- Meanwhile toast and lightly butter the bread and put on 2 plates.
- Stir the mustard and some salt and pepper into the mushrooms with 4 tbsp of the soured cream and, when lightly mixed, pile the mushrooms and their creamy sauce on the toast. Spoon the last of the soured cream on top, snip over the chives and grind over some black pepper.